About Me

My photo
Up in the Hills Rathdrum/Hauser, Idaho, United States
This blog is for the Thoughts, Opinions, Memories, and Musings that are rattling around in my head.

12/27/10

Grown up Kids

My son has gone through a difficult time, especially since it is Christmas time. He has been a rock and a comfort for his wife and her family as they have lost her Mother. It was a sudden and unexpected event that took the family unawares, and has been devastating for all.
DiAnn was a strong, but gentle woman. She had experienced hardship and pain, suffered loss and her own illness. She radiated her faith in God and her love for her family and lived fully and with joy when circumstances would defeat another woman. My daughter-in-law will be like her, she has the same strength and grit; but not today. Not with the heartbreak of the death of her mother at Christmas. She is doing as well as can be expected.
This is where I have seen my son rise to the occasion, he has been " the man", an organizer, driver, reasoner, comforter, friend, and all around rock for his wife, daughter, and the grieving family members. He arranged the flight for the girls to get to Denver, then drove through a blizzard for two days to be with them. We have talked several times, he has been tearful; we are all saddened by her passing, but I hear such strength and purpose in his voice. He takes a leadership role in an amazingly kind and quiet manner.
I am so proud of him, of both of them. They are real "grown ups" now, and they are everything that both DiAnn and I could have asked for in our children. I am blessed in knowing that both she and I will live on in them, in their hearts and minds, as well as in their strength and love as they carry the torch we have handed to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment